Thursday night is the 2020 NBA Draft Lottery… done virtually.
The format will be familiar, however. Each team will have a representative on the “stage” as league officials unveil the 2020 NBA Draft order, 1-14. As the lottery has drawn closer, the names of all 14 team representatives have been announced (and Real GM compiled them).
Here’s who we will see as team representatives on Thursday night:
• Atlanta Hawks: Jami Gertz
• Charlotte Hornets: Devonte' Graham
• Chicago Bulls: Arturas Karnisovas
• Cleveland Cavaliers: Brad Daugherty
• Detroit Pistons: Troy Weaver
• Golden State Warriors: Stephen Curry
• Memphis Grizzlies: Elliot Perry
• Minnesota Timberwolves: D'Angelo Russell
• New Orleans Pelicans: Trajan Langdon
• New York Knicks: Leon Rose
• Phoenix Suns: James Jones
• Sacramento Kings: De'Aaron Fox
• San Antonio Spurs: Peter J. Holt
• Washington Wizards: Rui Hachimura
The Warriors, Cavaliers, and Timberwolves all have the best odds of landing the top pick, 14%. From there, it’s the Hawks at 12.5%, the Pistons at 10.5%, and on down the list. Last season it was the Pelicans with the sixth-longest odds that jumped up to No. 1 and landed Zion Williamson.
The virtual 2020 NBA Draft Lottery will take place at 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 20, and be broadcast on ESPN. The 2020 NBA Draft is scheduled for Oct. 16, and it will be virtual as well.