The 76ers won’t just get the pick. They’ll get the highest pick available pick in a three-team tiebreaker.
Philadelphia won a tiebreaker with the Nuggets (who own the Rockets’ first-rounder) and Jazz for selections in the 2020 NBA draft. The draft order:
- 21. 76ers (via Thunder)
- 22. Nuggets (via Rockets)
- 23. Jazz
The Kings also won a tiebreaker drawing with the Pelicans for the No. 12 seed vs. No. 13 seed in the lottery.
Both teams were tied entering seeding games then missed the playoffs. So, it doesn’t matter New Orleans went 2-6 in seeding games to Sacramento’s 3-5. The teams were considered still tied for lottery order.
The Kings will get 13 lottery combinations to the Pelicans’ 12. Sacramento will also draft ahead of New Orleans if neither team moves up in the lottery.
Thursday’s lottery will determine who gets picks 1-14 and 42/43. But the rest of the 2020 NBA Draft order is now set:
16. Trail Blazers
17. Timberwolves (via Nets via Hawks)
19. Nets (via 76ers via Clippers)
21. 76ers (via Thunder via 76ers via Magic)
22. Nuggets (via Rockets)
24. Bucks (via Pacers)
25. Thunder (via Nuggets)
27. Knicks (via Clippers)
30. Celtics (via Bucks via Suns)
31. Mavericks (via Warriors)
32. Hornets (via Cavaliers via Magic via Clippers)
34. 76ers (via Hawks)
35. Kings (via Pistons via Suns)
36. 76ers (via Knicks)
37. Wizards (via Bulls)
38. Knicks (via Hornets)
39. Kings (via Pistons via Suns)
40. Grizzlies (via Suns)
42. Pelicans or Kings*
43. Pelicans or Kings*
44. Bulls (via Grizzlies)
46. Trail Blazers
47. Kings (via Pistons via Suns)
48. Kings (via Pistons via Suns)
50. Kings (via Pistons via Suns)
51. Kings (via Pistons via Suns)
52. Kings (via Rockets)
55. Nets (via Nuggets)
56. Hornets (via Celtics)
58. Kings (via Pistons via Suns)
60. Pelicans (via Bucks)
*Whichever of the Pelicans or Kings gets the higher first-round pick will pick lower in the second round and vice versa.