Jimmy Butler doesn’t just love country music, he loves soccer.
NBC Sports’ Premiere League crew were in Miami last weekend for a Fan Fest event and The Two Robbies sat down with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler to talk about his love of soccer. A few highlights:
• He fell in love with the sport attending the Rio Olympics gold medal game where Brazil won on their home turf thanks to a Neymar penalty kick.
• Butler used to wear Neymar gear all the time after that, and they are still friends.
• The fan engagement during the game — the constant chanting and singing — was unlike anything Butler had ever seen. It’s certainly different from an NBA crowd.
• Butler’s friendship with Paul Pogba started because Butler met Pogba’s mother while in Senegal.
• Butler plays some pickup soccer around Miami.Follow @basketballtalk