Chris Bosh: “Little setbacks happen but that doesn’t change my intentions”

Associated Press
3 Comments

Earlier this week on The Uninterrupted, Chris Bosh released the first of his self-directed videos about his efforts to get back on the court following the blood clotting issue that kept him out the second half of last season (and ended the previous season early for him as well).

Bosh said in an Instagram post late Friday night he planned to release the second installment earlier in the day, after he was cleared to play in training camp with the Heat. However, that didn’t happen — due to results from the blood test of his physical that showed the potentially dangerous clotting issue has not gone away, the Heat have not cleared him to participate in training camp.

Bosh instead said he would continue to share his story, and that “little setbacks happen but that doesn’t change my intentions and what I want to accomplish.”

The Heat believe Bosh may never step on an NBA court again. Bosh, as he has said before, believes he can overcome this and play again. The two sides are at an impasse. (And if you are about to comment “just trade him” answer me this: what team is going to give up quality assets to take on the $75 million contract of a guy who may never play again?)

This story is not going away for a while. And the Heat do not have many good options.