The Mavericks weren’t afraid to go at at the Thunder in their first-round series – whether it was Mark Cuban saying Russell Westbrook isn’t a superstar or Charlie Villanueva interrupting Westbrook’s dance routine.
And shot back hard.
When Westbrook was asked about Cuban, Durant interjected:
- Durant: “Hold up (places hand in front of Westbrook). He’s an idiot. Don’t listen to – he’s an idiot. Alright? That’s what we’ve got to say about that. He’s an idiot. Next question.
Then, Westbrook was asked about Villanueva, who hovered behind him on the court before Game 5:
- Westbrook: “He said a lot.”
- Durant: “He’s an idiot, too.”
- Westbrook: “But now, he get to go home and do whatever he need to to get ready for next year to sit down and watch 82 more games, like he did this year.”
- Durant: “Might not even be in the league.”
Remember when people used to question Durant’s killer instinct? Someone check on Villanueva. He cannot be OK after that.