The NBA has added an intriguing new wrinkle to the Taco Bell Skills Challenge for this year’s All-Star Saturday night in Toronto. The on-court obstacle course, which has traditionally featured mostly guards, will now include a few big men, including Draymond Green (who leads the NBA in triple-doubles), Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins and Karl-Anthony Towns.
Here’s the full list of participants, which the league announced on Thursday night:
- Patrick Beverley (Houston Rockets)
- Jordan Clarkson (Los Angeles Lakers)
- DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings)
- Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans)
- Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors)
- C.J. McCollum (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Isaiah Thomas (Boston Celtics)
- Karl-Anthony Towns (Minnesota Timberwolves)
The inclusion of big men is a nice touch, a reflection of the modern NBA’s emphasis on players who have a diverse skill set outside of what’s expected of their position.