A major snowstorm is hitting the East Coast, and the NBA schedule is among those affected.
Jorge Castillo of The Washington Post:
When will the game be made up?
There are eight dates where neither Washington nor the Utah play and the Wizards’ arena – which they share with the NHL’s Capitals – isn’t already booked:
- Jan. 31
- Feb. 18
- March 1
- March 3
- March 6
- March 7
- April 4
- April 9
Five of those dates wouldn’t cause a team to play four games in four nights, making them far more plausible:
- Jan. 31: This would turn a short Wizards road trip – at Rockets, off day, at Thunder – with a short flight between games into a back-to-back-to-back with the one home game sandwiched into the middle. The Jazz would interrupt a six-game home stand, but at least they wouldn’t play the night before nor face a back-to-back-to-back.
- Feb. 18: Washington and Utah would end their All-Star break one day early, but maybe this would work if neither team has an All-Star playing the day before. (John Wall is questionable). The Jazz would have to fly to Utah to host the Celtics the next day, and the Wizards would have a back-to-back-to-back with games vs. the Pistons and at the Heat following.
- March 6: Both teams would be on the third game of a back-to-back-to-back. But the Wizards would already be home (vs. Pacers the night before), and the Jazz would already be travelling (at Grizzlies and at Pelicans the previous two nights).
- March 7: Both teams would be off the night before. But both would have to travel a long distance for the next game – Wizards at Trail Blazers, Jazz vs. Hawks. Plus, Utah would also have a back-to-back-to-back with the third game at the Warriors.
- April 4: The Wizards would have just finished a five-game road trip, playing the Clippers the day before. But Washington would be off the next day and face just three games in six days. The Jazz would have it harder, coming from Phoenix the day before and hosting the Spurs the next day. But Utah would follow that back-to-back-to-back with two days offs.
If I were in charge, I’d wait until All-Star reserves are chosen. If Utah and Washington don’t get any, play the game Feb. 18. If one does, March 6 looks best.