I don’t know whether Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly, who selected Mudiay No. 7, will make Mudiay a star.
But he will make him a starter.
Matt Moore of CBSSports.com:
Just six players have been their team’s primary starting point guard as a teenager, and the results are much less gruesome than I expected:
- Dante Exum (2014-15 Utah Jazz, 38-44)
- Zach LaVine (2014-15 Minnesota Timberwolves, 16-66)
- Kyrie Irving (2011-12 Cleveland Cavaliers, 21-45)
- Jrue Holiday (2009-10 Philadelphia 76ers, 27-55)
- Tony Parker (2001-02 San Antonio Spurs, 58-24)
- Stephen Marbury (1996-97 Minnesota Timberwolves, 40-42)
It’d be a lot on Mudiay’s plate, and I don’t expect the Nuggets to come that close to .500.
But he’s talented and polished enough that he can overcome his youth to lead Denver to a respectable season.