The Clippers – including Doc Rivers, Steve Ballmer, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, J.J. Redick and Paul Pierce – reportedly met with DeAndre Jordan today about flipping the center’s commitment to the Mavericks.
Dallas owner Mark Cuban wants his turn with Jordan, but the Clippers apparently aren’t accommodating.
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Ken Berger of CBSSports.com:
This saga just gets better and better.
- Jordan: Well, I better be going now.
- Rivers: Did I mention how many plays will feature you on offense?
- Jordan: Yeah, you did.
- Rivers: But did I go over each in detail?
- Jordan: Well, not exactly…
- Rivers: Great! Let’s do that. Let’s start with a 1-5 pick-and-roll…
An hour later:
- Jordan: OK, coach. That was great, but now I really ought to go.
- Griffin: Hey, where’s the bathroom around here?
- Jordan: Around the corner.
- Griffin: Great. I’ll be just a minute.
Fifteen minutes later:
- Jordan: OK, this is getting ridiculous. I’ve got to go.
- Paul: [lifts hand for high-five]