Do you enjoy watching NBA people sit, smile awkwardly, get nervous and possibly stand?
Then Tuesday’s draft lottery is for you.
The league announced who will represent on stage each team in the running for the top three picks:
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Glen Taylor (Owner)
- New York Knicks: Steve Mills (General Manager)
- Philadelphia 76ers: Nerlens Noel (Player)
- Los Angeles Lakers: Byron Scott (Head Coach)
- Orlando Magic: Alex Martins (CEO)
- Sacramento Kings: Vlade Divac (VP, Basketball & Franchise Operations)
- Denver Nuggets: Josh Kroenke (President)
- Detroit Pistons: Jeff Bower (General Manager)
- Charlotte Hornets: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Player)
- Miami Heat: Alonzo Mourning (Vice president, Player Programs)
- Indiana Pacers: Larry Bird (President of Basketball Operations)
- Utah Jazz: Dennis Lindsey (General Manager)
- Phoenix Suns: Alex Len (Player)
- Oklahoma City Thunder: Russell Westbrook (Player)
When it gets to the final three teams, the reps typically stand, so I suppose there’s a little pressure there not to fall over. Otherwise, these people do nothing but provide a little entertainment value as they – like the rest of us – watch for the results of a drawing that occurs off-stage.
Or, if you’re into that type of thing, these 14 people play the ultimate role of bringing luck to their team. So, who’s the luckiest?