The NBA released its latest list of most popular jerseys, based on sales from October through December of 2014.
Not surprisingly, LeBron James, after returning to play for the Cavaliers, remained at the top of the list.
It’s the fifth consecutive time that James has topped jersey sales, but we had a newcomer claim the second spot.
Stephen Curry went from seventh to second, while Damian Lillard and Anthony Davis appeared on the list for the very first time.
The complete list, via official release:
1. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
3. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
5. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
6. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
7. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
8. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
9. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
10. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
11. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
12. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
13. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
14. James Harden, Houston Rockets
15. Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
The league also ranked the top 10 teams in terms of overall merchandise sales. The Lakers remain well ahead of the Clippers in the battle of Los Angeles, despite the respective fortunes of the franchises. And the Nets, despite playing in the New York market, fell out of the top 10 for the first time since moving to Brooklyn in 2012.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Chicago Bulls
3. Golden State Warriors
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. San Antonio Spurs
6. Oklahoma City Thunder
7. New York Knicks
8. Miami Heat
9. Boston Celtics
10. Los Angeles Clippers