Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than Pharrell Williams loves the Arby’s hat…
• Roy Hibbert got a new bed. He’s 7’2″ with a 7’9″ wingspan. That is one ginormous bed.
Got my new bed yesterday. 8 x 9 feet #JustRight #Goldilocks. What y’all think?
• LeBron James and Blake Griffin have been named the Eastern and Western conference players of the month for February. Hard to argue with those calls. James averaged 30.8 points, 8.1 rebounds and 6.7 assists a game while shooting 57.5 percent. Griffin averaged 30 points and 10.7 rebounds a game last month.
• Dion Waiters is back on the court with the Cavaliers.
• Former NBA player Mookie Blaylock was sentenced to 16 days in jail tied to a DUI near Atlanta where he was injured.
• The development of DeMar DeRozan’s game to All-Star levels.
• Kevin Durant has dropped the federal lawsuit against his accountant. Not sure what the settlement turned out to be in the case.
• This is classic: Watch Jan Vesely jab step and pump fake even when there isn’t a defender within 10 feet of him. Then throw up a brick.
• Victor Oladipo’s “I don’t like that call” dance.
• Charlotte signed Justin Hamilton to a 10-day contract.
• Milwaukee signed Tony Mitchell to a 10-day contract.
• The Pacers’ George Hill tells the story of his childhood horse.
• Kevin Love is now an endorser of BODYARMOR SuperDrink, and by the way he now owns an equity stake in the company.