There are so many NBA players both talking to and signing with overseas teams that we collect them in a daily roundup. We do this in bullet points because we are bloggers and they are addictive to us like bon-bons to an old housewife.
• How does Nick Young feel about smoking in arenas? It’s a valid question because the young Wizard’s swingman is apparently in talks to play there, according to Marc Stein at ESPN. He is a restricted free agent, which means a Chinese team can sign him under that league’s new restrictive rules, but Young would have to stay there the entire season, no opt out clause. It’s what Wilson Chandler just agreed to, but how many other guys are going to make that commitment?
Young averaged 17.4 points per game for the Wizards and is part of their up-tempo game, a good fit along side John Wall. Losing him for a season (the Wizards would retain his NBA rights) would be a blow.
• From that same report, Thaddeus Young also is looking at offers from China.
• Some good news for Wizards fans, their top pick in this year’s draft — Jan Vesely — says he is not going to play overseas, reports CSNWashington.com. That’s a risk for him, he could get a deal in Europe with an opt-out clause, but he is committed to the Wizards.
• The Clippers Chris Kaman said he is not likely to go overseas because he does not want to leave a team midseason.
• The Clippers Al-Farouq Aminu has had offers but is staying put during the lockout.