The NBA released its ranking of most popular jerseys for the 2014-15 season, and for the sixth straight year, LeBron James topped the list.
Rankings are based on overall retail sales on NBAStore.com since the beginning of the season.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
1. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
3. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
4. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
6. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
7. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
8. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
9. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
10. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
11. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
12. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
13. John Wall, Washington Wizards
14. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
15. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
A few surprises here:
– James Harden is having an otherworldly season that has him neck-and-neck with Stephen Curry in a two-man MVP race, yet he’s noticeably absent from the list, perhaps due to his foul-drawing ways not always being aesthetically pleasing.
– Russell Westbrook has had a similarly insane season, yet teammate Kevin Durant — who was limited in appearing in only 27 games due to injury — finished eight spots ahead of him on the list.
– Legacy guys like Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony finished third and eighth respectively, despite appearing in just 35 and 40 games respectively this season.
The team merchandise list is interesting, too, mainly because the Knicks and the Lakers are in the midst of their worst seasons in franchise history, yet fans still had no problem buying up their gear at a volume higher than that which was sold by 23 of the league’s 30 franchises.
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
1. Chicago Bulls
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Golden State Warriors
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. Oklahoma City Thunder
6. San Antonio Spurs
7. New York Knicks
8. Miami Heat
9. Boston Celtics
10. Los Angeles Clippers