Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• New Orleans is known for great seafood, though sushi is not the first thing to come to mind. But Anthony Davis as a sushi chef is what Boost Mobile thought would sell phones.
• Russell Westbrook has targeted making the All-Defensive team.
• Patrick Ewing would love to coach the Knicks. Somebody should give him a shot before recycling Vinny Del Negro.
• I am sick of former Jordan era Bulls (or Showtime Lakers or 80s Celtics) coming out and saying “our teams could beat the Heat” or some variant of that. The Lakers said that about the Bulls, the 50s Celtics probably said that about everybody. Anyway, Horace Grant said the Bulls could beat the Heat. Different teams from different eras and different rule sets, kind of a pointless argument. But we Americans love pointless arguments.
• Greg Oden said he’ll be ready if Eric Spoelstra calls on him. Don’t bet on it.
• First round pick to be Rodney Hood is working on getting stronger.
• The Spanish language voice of the Lakers (the team broadcasts its games in three languages) is suing the team for discrimination and harassment.
• Andrei Kirilenko has not ruled out returning to play overseas next season.
• We close with Sasha Vujacic hitting a lot of jumpers in a row in an empty gym. His ability to shoot the rock was never really the question.