He’s the reigning NBA MVP, won the last two NBA titles, earned the last two the Finals MVPs…
And not surprisingly, LeBron James sells a lot of jerseys.
The NBA released the top selling jerseys from the start of this season (October through December this year), which includes the holiday buying rush, and not surprisingly LeBron James is on top of the list. He led the league in worldwide sales the past year, too. He’s a marketing machine.
The league says there have been record-breaking sales at the official NBAStore.com site and fans are gravitating toward the stars — Kobe Bryant is No. 2 on the list, Derrick Rose is No. 3 despite both of their injuries. However we’re also seeing the NBA’s young stars on the list now — Stephen Curry, James Harden, Paul George and even rookie Michael Carter-Williams made the list.
Here are the top 15 Most Popular NBA jerseys according to the league:
1. LeBron James, Miami Heat
2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
3. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
4. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
6. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
7. Dwyane Wade, Miami HEAT
8. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
10. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
11. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
12. James Harden, Houston Rockets
13. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
14. Paul George, Indiana Pacers
15. Michael Carter-Williams, Philadelphia 76ers