Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form.
• Marv Albert with the imaginary first call at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn as the Nets take on the Knicks — something that should get you pumped up for the November 1 opener.
•When the NBA schedule came out Thursday we told you some games to look out for, but here are 10 less obvious games you may want to carve out some time to watch.
• Here is a good look at the four teams that have any real shot of beating Team USA at the London Olympics.
• Hey Celtics fans, friend of this site Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com talked to newly drafted Celtic Jared Sullinger about adjusting to life in the NBA and being competitive.
• Antawn Jamison is really, really pumped about being a Laker.
• Where to the Warriors stand with Brandon Rush? Well, about where they stood July 1.
• The Raptors have signed center Aaron Gray.
• Elton Brand thinks Dallas can play with anyone in the West. Nobody else is really convinced of that, but he is.
• Read to the bottom of this Vanity Fair piece and see how Mad Men’s John Hamm thinks this presidential election is like the NBA season. (Thanks to Kevin Arnovitz at TrueHoop for finding that.)