We are just one week away from the NBA draft, and that means there are more rumors and reports than James Harden has beard combs.
Here are some highlights of the buzz on Thursday:
• The Bobcats are still looking to move the No. 2 overall pick, but they don’t want to go farther down the ladder than about No. 6 and they want quality prospect back with it, reports ProBasketballDraft (not affiliated with this site). That’s not really new so much as a confirmation of what we have already heard. I also bet it doesn’t happen.
• Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has worked out for the Bobcats, Wizards and Cavaliers and that’s going to be it. He is almost certainly going between 2 and 4 and he knows it. Actually, almost certainly 2 or 4 — the Wizards just traded for Trevor Ariza they don’t need another three fighting for minutes out there. Then again, they are the Wizards. If he did fall to 5 the Kings would grab him in a heartbeat.
• Just a hunch, Bradley Beal will be a Wizard. And Thomas Robinson will be a Bobcat.
• Fab Melo reportedly impressed when he worked out for the Pacers. Be careful with these kinds of rumors — according to agents there has never been a bad workout — but this seems to have legs.
• Don’t be shocked if you start to hear Tyreke Evans trade rumors around the draft, reports ProBasketballDraft.
• Would the Kings risk paring Andre Drummond with DeMarcus Cousins up front?
• Damian Lillard is only doing solo workouts, reports Chad Ford at ESPN. Interesting strategy.
• Michigan State’s Draymond Green is a guy that teams later in the first round really seem to like.